Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Favorite Doctor.



Friday was supposed to be my first OB appointment. I would have been 9 weeks 2 days. Instead, I called and changed my appointment to my yearly exam.   Pulling into the parking lot I knew it was going to be rough day because a hugely pregnant woman whipped in next to me a raced me to get inside first.  First thought in my head was "f*@k you"  I've been a little angry lately.  My thought of her was confirmed when we got inside and the receptionist told her that it would be a minute and she promptly protested that she was there for her glucose test.  Lady, get a grip, you're not the first and only pregnant lady ever.  I rolled my eyes behind her, the receptionist saw me and had to hold back from laughing.

I did pretty good.  I thought I would have a meltdown.  I had just a minor melter.  While sitting in the exam room the doctor was checking a baby's heartbeat next door.  Ugh, that was supposed to be me.  My Ob/Gyn is wonderful. I was so excited to have a great OB.  I was nervous because my pap was abnormal last year.    It turned out I didn't need a pap (it wasn't bad abnormal, YAY!!!!) so he sat and just talked to me for half an hour.  I told him about how our cycles had went at our RE, which he had referred me to.  He is requesting my medical records and calling the other RE in the office in regards to our second cycle that they screwed up majorly. 

Also, my OB is worried that I'm depressed and wants me to get straightened out before doing a FET.  He took one look at me
 
and asked about my sleep schedule and how moody I have been.  Sleep doesn't come and I'm short tempered.  Not normal for me.  I walked out with a script for Ambien and feeling better. I'm going to get some real rest and call him in ten days.  If I'm still a mess I'm going on meds and going to therapy.  Other than that I'm healthy as an ox, except I need to lose 25 pounds.  I'm 5'4" and should weigh 125.  UGH.  I hope he does call the RE.

DH's mom announced she doesn't come see us much because we don't have kids and his sister does.  I now understand why DH isn't a cuddler.  She has no nurture about her.  Pisses me off, I wouldn't put up with that from anyone else.  And she knows what we have been through.

In the meantime, our basement bar is coming around great.  It's a work in progress, but it's a great distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment